CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, January 5, 2009

So here I am.......

I feel like a fraud writing here. I neglected my JS journal for so long, and now that it's gone I write?? Oh it always seems to go that you don't know what you've got til it's gone..

Life has been weird. No tennis playing STILL. Injured my foot in August, and am still going through physical therapy. I have every intention of getting on a court this month! I feel almost afraid..what if I injure it again right away, and lose another 6 months? I've been slowly going insane being on this short leash, can't imagine doing more time. I can function now, my foot just gets a bit sore when I push it. Problem is normal for ME includes playing tennis 4-5 times a week, and right now my shoelaces are tied. Patience, patience...definitely not my strong point

One daughter has been home for Christmas break (yes, I said Christmas, not winter break!) It's been wonderful having her back. Rough getting her home, as she got pretty sick after finals. She was supposed to drive home with a friend, but couldn't drive as sick as she was. Add in the weather..she goes to school in Flagstaff, and snow was imminent. I ended up driving up there (on 3 hours sleep) with my parents, turning around and driving straight home. 15 hour driving day for me...oh boy! We did beat the snow though. Now she needs to get back, and Lady Luck is having a great time with us. We thought we had it all planned out...HA! We have a 2 day window of good weather before snow hits Flagstaff again. She's all set to leave this Wednesday. Last night she went out to dinner with her Dad and his girlfriend. My daughter got a fortune cookie with no fortune in it, and the girlfriend insisted that she get another cookie. Daughter takes one bite, and her back molar breaks in two. We rush to our dentist this morning, only to find that she needs a root canal and the guy who does them is out until Thursday. They refer us to a new guy, and he manages to squeeze us in. She's now got a temporary crown, and won't have time to get the permanent until May. Moral of the story? If you're missing a fortune, take that as a warning to NOT eat the cookie!

Other daughter has been trying to buy a house. In this market, you'd think that would be easy. She finally opened escrow on a house that they put an offer for in June. With ANY amount of luck, it should close by the end of the month. Keeping my fingers crossed for her!

My parents just left on a 30 day cruise of Hawaii and the South Pacific. With that, one daughter returning to school and the other buying her own house I'm suddenly facing a very empty nest. And no tennis to keep me occupied! I may be writing here more than anyone would like...

Now to try a pic......does it work the same? If so, you'll see the Cookie monster showing her teeth
*EDIT* HAHAHAHA.....only see a Monster butt! Trying again..
monster

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Hi, Kash! I caught your icon on my blog, so I'm adding you in. Good to see you again. You are very good to tennis, but tennis is not good to you :-)

    See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kashew!
    Lots of former JS'ers were only "part-time" posters. Nothing wrong with that. You do what you want to do with it. Good to see ya!
    ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wrote, "I feel like a fraud writing here."

    You're not a fraud, I seen you up close in in person. You are the real deal. Now you just have to write in your brand new journal and keep us all updated like you used to do in the old days of JS.

    I hope you and the daughter get better, and that you make her trip back to school with no problems.

    Call Dorrie and schedule a time when we can get together and catch up on what has been going on since the last time we talked.

    Besides, it is probably time that I returned your music back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im still figuring out this place Kashew. It may take a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello hello!! can't wait to see ya! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  6. good to see you again.hugggggggggggggs

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome back.hope all gets better for you :)

    ReplyDelete